Coupla topics

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue May 11 08:34:26 EDT 1999

Carl Edlund Anderson writes:

>      Me, I'm a big SW fan (not as much as Tania) but pretty big.
> I like space opera with heroes, lasers, and things that go whoosh.

I'd have thought that the Doc's "Lensman" series was just about written
for that kind of stuff. The Lens even pretty much substitutes for The
Force.

The other great film-to-be of Space Opera is of course Asimov's
"Foundation" series, so long as they don't make as bad a fist of it as
they did with "Nightfall".

I've nothing against space opera, but Star Wars is just Sinbad The
Sailor in Space.

> Carl

FoFP