OFF: Coupla topics

Brian Halligan bthalligan at EARTHLINK.NET
Tue May 11 10:02:43 EDT 1999

>Op 11 May 99, om 13:34, M Holmes schreef:
>> I've nothing against space opera, but Star Wars is just Sinbad The
>> Sailor in Space.
>And it's great fun! Especially when you first watch Spaceballs,
>smoke a Joint and then watch Star Wars. You'll laugh your *ss *ff.
>
>--BArt

Have you heard that Mel Brooks is planning a prequel to Spaceballs?  It's
called "Spaceballs Episode One: FAO Schwartz"  ;-);-);-)

Sorry.

Anyway, SW is more fantasy than sci-fi.  And they're family movies.  I was
8yrs old when Return of the Jedi came out, so I was pre-disposed to it.
The reason I'm looking forward to seeing Ep.1 is because I'll be seeing it
with my best friend Mike, who I saw all the originals with.  We get to
relive our childhood for a couple of hours.  And like Carl said, "Lasers
are cool." ;-)

To bring this somewhat on topic- Why hasn't anyone made a decent sci-fi
movie with a spacerock soundtrack?

Brian