OFF: retailer mark-up?

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Wed May 12 11:29:10 EDT 1999

> From:          Paul Mather <paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU>
> On Wed, 12 May 1999, Bolts of Ungodly Vision wrote:
>
> => some other sights. I prefer to buy it in person, despite the exorbitant
> => mark-up that retailers inflict on our lowly purchasing power.
>
> Actually, it depends on yer retailer.  When Gov't Mule's _Live... With a
> Little Help From Our Friends_ 2CD came out, loads of folks on the Mule
> list thought they'd be smart by "pre-ordering" from online CD retailers.
>
> Not only did many not receive the album by its release date (unlike
> those who strolled into their local shops), but also many paid a hefty
> price.  Myself, I got it from the local shop that enjoys my regular
> patronage, for only $16 (most were reporting it as $20 and up on the
> list)...
>
> If you find a good local shop, stick with it.

You are correct, sir!  I bought the new Mule from an indie up here,
and paid 18 bucks for it.  Got it as soon as Paul mentioned it here
on BOC-L.

Speaking of new Mule, Derek Trucks will be here next Tues., if anyone
feeld like checking out a monster show.  Venue holds about a hundred
people!  Should be a killer...

theo