OFF: Star Wars

Wed May 12 13:10:47 EDT 1999

On ons 12 maj 1999 12.38 -0400 "Paul Mather" <paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU>
wrote:
> On Wed, 12 May 1999, John A. Swartz wrote:
> => all that doesn't matter to me.  Bottom line is that this is going to be
> => one kick-ass movie that *I* want to see, and I'm gonna see it -- and
I'm

> Make that "potentially kick-ass movie."  You won't know until you see
> it.  I mean, people were saying the _Godzilla_ movie was going to be
> "one kick-ass movie" before it was released (amid incredible pre-release
> hype), and that one ended up blowing chunks.

     Indeed.  I doubt PhM will blow chunks (or, indeed, like wine ;)
but some things in the trailers convinced me that mistakes had
been made (particularly the lame-looking goofy CGI character).
I fear a RotJ situation, which would have been a perfectly decent
movie except for the Ewoks :/  People say ESB was the best, but
I liked ANH for being zap-bang-pow pretty much all the way
through :)

     Well, at least it's unlikely to be relentlessly mediocre
like the recent Star Trek films have been.  But hey, it's all
about SPACE and SPACE does not care :)

Cheers,
Carl

--