OFF: Quarkspace [and Gov't Mule]

Marshall Wood mwood at MY-DEJANEWS.COM
Thu May 13 08:35:58 EDT 1999

Thanks for the GM recs.  I'll order _Roseland_, I think.  Maybe _Dose_ as well.

On Wed, 12 May 1999 14:47:27   Paul Mather wrote:
>=> NP:  _Spacefolds 5_ - quarkspace (So far, I like this much better than their _Live at Orion_ disk.)
>I got a flyer from Eternity's Jest Records announcing their new CD.  Are
>they any good?  Apparently, I can get it free if I subscribe to Aural
>Innovations before the 15th May.  Any quick suggestions/thoughts?

I'm subscribed to AI, so that's how I got this CD.  It's improvised, instrumental electronic space music with guitar.  Tracks range from about 3 minutes to over 15.  I like it a lot, but check em out for yourself - there are lots of quarkspace sound files at http://www.quarkspace.com.  If you like it, consider subscribing to AI - it's a great read, and you'd be getting on board with their biggest issue yet.  Interviews with several bands that get mentioned around here a lot (Dark Sun, Jukka of Kingston Wall, etc.) and a few bands you've never heard of, I'll bet.

MWood

NP: _Nordic Roots_ - NorthSide label sampler

-----== Sent via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==-----
http://www.dejanews.com/  Easy access to 50,000+ discussion forums