OFF: Northside

Thu May 13 15:31:59 EDT 1999

On tor 13 maj 1999 08.18 -0700 "Marshall Wood" <mwood at MY-DEJANEWS.COM>
wrote:
> On Thu, 13 May 1999 14:42:10   Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
>>Garmarna, Hedningarna, and Hoven Droven--and look forward to
>>checking out more of them!
>
> Yep, this is pretty cool.  Modern Scandavian folk music.  The
> 3 bands you mentioned are my favorites from this CD, along with
> the Den Fule cut - where should I start?

     It's not really possible to go wrong with either of Hoven
Droven's two albums: _Hia Hia_ and _Grov_.  It's not really
possible to go wrong with any of Garmarna's or Hedningarna's
albums either.  I'd recommend Hedningarna's _Trä_ CD, and then
_Kaksi!_.  The new one _Karelia Visa_ has gotten excellent
reviews, but I've yet to hear it.
     With Garmarna ... tough choice between _Guds spelemän_
or the new _Vedergällningen_.  Both excellent.  _Vitrad_ is
quite good as well, if a little less adventurous.

Cheers,
Carl

ObCD: Amorphis, _Tuonela_

--