Hawkwind Sound Files

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Fri May 14 13:01:00 EDT 1999

In a message dated 5/14/99 12:00:52 PM, henderson.120 at OSU.EDU writes:

<<>Good Afternoon
>I've had a few people asking me where they can find Hawkwind Sound files on
>the Internet.
>I guess they mean MP3 files and such, but being a complete novice on this i
>may well be wrong.

Me too...my computer doesn't play music.

=== with the right device yr. comp would indeed play music! (yeah, you know
this)
for the scylding/das ludicroix mp3's, i downloaded something called "macAMP"
and they sound just peachy; i didnt wanna use my basic realplayer 'coz i
figured they wouldnt sound as good, though i believe it woulda played 'em >>>

since the macAMP is for macs (surprise) and you might want something
better-sounding than yr basic realplayer (w/o paying 30 bucks for realplayer
g2 beta) i'd suggest downloading an AUDIOACTIVE player, which is free and
sounds pissa.

>Does anyone know anywhere, where they can hear Hawkwind online?

=== months ago sonique or someone referred to something called outlaw tv;
this was very early in my cyberdays/daze, but one seemed to have access to an
entire hawkwind show via a referral from that site! it came in two parts and
i didnt have the patience to download it (it was a big'un)

But I know about these...

http://members.aol.com/losafa/Sounds.htm
http://www.tafcommedia.net/music.htm  (Radio Free Kansas)

===here are a few mp3 search sources:

lycos mp3 search == http://www.mp3search.lycos.com
mp3 web == http://www.mp3web.com
scour.net == http://www.scour.net

<<The latter I can't even access now it seems, as I don't have the proper
plug-in or whatever.  But I imagine there are shows with Hawkwind to be
found there.

== i dont get how you had access to it and then you didnt, unless they're no
longer bitcasting...all radio-related stuff for me goes through the
realplayer...

happy hunting!
"<>"