tBS: Cagey Cretins and other stuff

Bolts of Ungodly Vision js3619 at WIZVAX.NET
Fri May 14 20:13:43 EDT 1999

At 12:10 PM 5/14/99 PDT, you wrote:
>Hi kids. Me again......
>
>I was frooging to SECRET TREATIES on my way home from work today (nice day,
>windows open, speakers pushing 11), and it hit me just what a great tune
>CAGEY CRETINS is for the Brain Surgeons to do. The drumming is top notch
>(like Albert could be anything BUT top notch) and I can really hear them
>slapping this one out live. Deb would sound great on the Eric Bloom parts,
>and of course Albert would sing the "dumb clouds.." chorus. Would be a real
>smoker live, yessiree bob.

They could get good old Joe to play them 88s on the track too. At least
only 4 days separate my stereo for remaster cult heaviosity.
Other good tBS-able BOC tunes: Im on the Lamb But I ain't No Sheep,
Anything that Stalk-Forrest Group churned out, Redeems would make a great
"unplugged" number. Ooooh.... how Deb snarling the vocals to "Heavy
Metal:Black and Silver".

But what would be even better, of course, is te 2 CDs full of new stuff the
band is cooking up. Also, given the drumming is becoming wilder and looser
(never bad for Albert, he only seems to be able to improve.), They should
cover the popular instrumental favorite, "In the Hall of the Mountain
King." David's bass would have room to do neat stuff, Pete could supply
leads and weirdness as only He of the Fruit Guitar could in a wonderful
trading w/ Billy "Hello. I rock" Hilfiger and Deb and Albert could lay dow
the vocal harmony lines as in the Who's thundering rendition. Increase
heaviness by ten, turn stereo to 11, and you got Brain Surgeons.  For the
inflammatory record, I think tBS do a better BOC than BOC does now.

Reminiscence of tBS variety: The extended version of "Name Your Monster"
theat they played at the end of the show in Rochester was great exploration
of group dynamic.  You haven't lived till you've seen Albert beat the
living !!!! out of  a defenceless cymbal. Even his hat came off!

[insert strange daydream where tBS cover the second part of "A Love
Supreme" with pete taking the role of sax lines as Billy riffs with abandon
underneath)

Order Vavona Burr by Bevis Frond. I did!
Jason