HW: Lyrics

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Sat May 15 16:45:42 EDT 1999

In a message dated 5/15/99 3:48:19 PM, cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK writes:

<<     Well, my intention is not to knock post-Barrett Floyd--I mean,
they do what they do, and there are countless legions who dig it.

===oh, i got me no prob slammin' post-"dark side" floyd up one side and down
the other: they're mcdonald's/marlboro/budweiser, which by design or default
are also "dug" by "countless legions". hock ptui!

but please, o countless legions, enjoy yourselves w/yr floyd and keep me out
of it.
i shant go onto your turf and annoy you. 'kay?

<<I wanted to provide an example that made a good counterpoint to
my example of the Hawkwind "fun-factor".  Like it or hate it, few
I think will pick post-Barrett Floyd as a band over-burdened with
_fun_.>>

=== in regards to something putrid like "the wall", it's more like "please
subsidize my fantastically wealthy state of rock-star misery, and dont mind
me pissing all over you as you do so".

<< Whereas Hawkwind's music, even when they sing about grimmer things, still
strikes me as underlyingly "fun" ... or "defiant", at least.  Something of
the Lemmyish "born to lose, live to win" thing :)>>

===well there ya go, carl-chan. there ya go.

     Which is why (to get back to the start of this part of the
thread) I think that although spaceships and ley-lines are to a
great extent inherently tacky, they might make fairly rockin'
HW subject matter :)

===beats the heck out of wretched mewling like "comfortably numb" IMHO ===

rama lama fa fa fa
"<>"