HW: IMAGES

flossbac flossbac at NLCI.COM
Sat May 15 20:55:29 EDT 1999

Here is my attempt at the lyrics from "Images."  There were several lines
where I really couldn't figure out what Bridgett was singing, but I'm fairly
certain about most of the song.  Maybe some other people can help offer some
insight into the mystery lines, which I've put in brackets.  Here we go...

Memories surround him
walking through the door
smells of dust and summer heat
[and water in his thoughts?  And Brighton....?]

chorus:
The singing hand, the face of fate
the shifting scenes I can't explain
the crazy fool who screams his pain
as he tries to cheat now his final game

Whispering from the balcony
flickers in the the [hall? wall? door?]
the world won't call for mortality
appearing here once more

bridge:
It's gone now.  It's gone now.
twists the soul, turns flesh to stone
the fear and the anger of the lost and alone

Endless streams [dreams?] of wasted days
[only pave the way]
laughter echoes [bitter....?]
there's no need to stay

So there you have it, Kris.  I hope this helps out some.
John Majka
flossbac at nlcic.com