tBS: Cagey Cretins and other stuff

John A. Swartz jswartz at MITRE.ORG
Mon May 17 08:15:36 EDT 1999

Torgo sez:

>I was frooging to SECRET TREATIES on my way home from work today (nice day,
windows open, speakers pushing 11), and it hit me just what a great tune
CAGEY CRETINS is for the Brain Surgeons to do. The drumming is top notch
(like Albert could be anything BUT top notch) and I can really hear them
slapping this one out live. Deb would sound great on the Eric Bloom parts,
and of course Albert would sing the "dumb clouds.." chorus. Would be a real
smoker live, yessiree bob.

Yessiree Bob, I think yer onto something there.  I recently got to hear
the
song that inspired it, SWU's "Bark in the Sun" (at Bolle's Museum) and
it
made me remember what a great tune "Cagey Cretins" is.  This would
definitely
work well with tBS.  What do you say Albert?  How 'bout breaking it out
on your next tour?

And then Torgo sez:

> They could get good old Joe to play them 88s on the track too.

I would have thought no, but after hearing what his keys on the Mike
Watt "Dominance and Submission" track sounded like, I'd have to agree.

> At least
> only 4 days separate my stereo for remaster cult heaviosity.

Just got the BOC/T&M remaster myself - it's quite good - would have
preferred it to have been remixed heavier, but it does sound better than
the original CDs, and the added liner notes by Eric are a nice touch.

> Other good tBS-able BOC tunes: Im on the Lamb But I ain't No Sheep,
> Anything that Stalk-Forrest Group churned out, Redeems would make a
> great "unplugged" number.

Hmm... you're starting to stretch a bit too much here Torgo.

> Ooooh.... how Deb snarling the vocals to "Heavy
> Metal:Black and Silver".

Ah - NOW yer talking!

John

John A. Swartz - The MITRE Corporation, Bedford MA - jswartz at mitre.org

"Fear is the path to the Dark Side.  Fear leads to Anger.   Anger leads
to Hate.
Hate leads to SUFFERING."  -- Yoda (Star Wars: Episode 1 - The Phantom Menace)