No subject

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Mon May 17 12:01:35 EDT 1999

>I was frooging to SECRET TREATIES on my way home from work today (nice day,
windows open, speakers pushing 11), and it hit me just what a great tune
CAGEY CRETINS is for the Brain Surgeons to do. The drumming is top notch
(like Albert could be anything BUT top notch) and I can really hear them
slapping this one out live. Deb would sound great on the Eric Bloom parts,
and of course Albert would sing the "dumb clouds.." chorus. Would be a real
smoker live, yessiree bob.

Generally speaking anything off ST would sound good on tBS.

>So I figured I'd post it, and maybe put a little BOC/tBS life back in the
list.

Thanks it needed it.

>Oh, one other thing that has crossed my mind lately. Am I really at all
surprised that the new STAR WARS movie has suffered the same fate on the
BOC-L as BANDS that are "popular"? No, I guess not. Tell me, SEX is still a
pretty popular thing in most of the free world, do the people on this list
think that is just too......... "common", and have they found some new thing
that is better, just that the rest of us unwashed slobs have never heard of
it? ;^)

You'll notice my WINK smiley. Just some good natured ribbing people, don't
get yer piss hot. :^)

Tha Alpha and Omega...Sex, Lies and Videoatape...Catherine
Zeta-Jones...Japanese Anime...
Test completed.  Sex still works for me.

Now about SW...it will never live up to the hype and the smart money says it
will not break Titanic's box office record either.  How could it possibly
live up to what Hollywood has been saying since Lucas announced the
schedule?  Fortunately for me I may be the only person alive who hasn't seen
any of the trailers, not one.  I try to stay away from all the articles too.

So give me the under on not breaking Titanic's records.  The big boat was a
complete windfall of good luck.  It was the only movie worth seeing the
summer it was released.  Can't recall a more dreadful pile of schlock than
last summer's movie season.  SW will have some competition at least.

Ghost in the Ruins

NP: Iced Earth - Something Wicked This Way Comes