OFF: Tape Deck.

Mark P Lee MLee at ESPARTO.DEMON.CO.UK
Tue May 18 05:32:58 EDT 1999

>Looking for advice on cassette decks.
>
>My old one is slowly giving up the ghost and I am looking at getting a new
>one.
>
>I have been looking at ones like the Sony TC-825S (with Dolby S), TC-625,
>and TC-425,
>Denon 585, and a Pioneer model (???).
>
>My questions are numerous since I really do not know what I am looking at.
>Which brand is better (if any), is Dolby S worth the extra money, what
>features seem worthwile (fader/RMS/AMS/Maula Bias/etc).
>
>Thanks
>
>BTW> price ceiling is $250.

All I can say is that you've ruled out the Nakamichi Dragons then ;-)
They used to retail at around 2000UKP, best reference tape decks
in da world (IMHO). (Wish I had one . . .)

You can get some damned good single or double deck for under
a ton if you look around, you couldn't do much worse than grab
a copy of What Hi-Fi and check out the price index at the back,
also some great 'phile style reviews to make you dribble a little.

Mark.
Please reply to       mark at esparto.demon.co.uk