Hawkwind Sound Files

Julian Christou christou at AS.ARIZONA.EDU
Wed May 19 10:55:09 EDT 1999

I've not found any HW (and related) mp3 files on the web as yet and I've
been searching since Jan.  I have come across web pages and FTP sites
which have RIOI (i.e. boots) of other bands, (eg Floyd, Genesis, Phish &
of course the Dead) and was wondering if the HW list know of anything
similar.  There are a fair number of CD boots out there which could
easily be ripped into MP3s and put onto a server for downloading.  Stuff
which most of us are never likely to find.  as for the legal issues,
well, these are not officially released albums and therefore do not rip
off the artist for royalties which we certainly wouldn't want to do.  It
would be up to those who have bought the boots to be willing to share
them with the rest of us. out of their generosity.  I dedicated ftp site
could end up being a HW (& related) boot archive.

What think the rest of you?

Ciao
Julian