OFF: Audiophilia

Dave Greenhalgh d.greenhalgh at VIRGIN.NET
Wed May 19 20:01:05 EDT 1999

While conversation seems to be circling around audio media,
here's a question.

I have a heap of dead valves (that's tubes to the
transatlantic brethren) that used to be a Dansette with a 78
rpm speed. I have a load of 78 rpm records.  Does anyone
happen to know if I could record these discs onto the hard
drive at 45 rpm and use something like Sound Forge to
reconvert the speed for burning onto CD-R?

I know the stylus is a different shape,  but that's deal
with-able.

--
Dave Greenhalgh

ICQ#33513470