Hawkwind Sound Files

William Duffy xl5 at IINET.NET.AU
Thu May 20 23:32:08 EDT 1999

Hi there

> I asked Dave once if i could put up a site with short sound samples
> (no full versions.)   He thought it was a great idea, and told me to go
> ahead.
> But as I had not yet heard of MP3, I quickly canned it after seeing a 30
> second
> sample fill over 8 MB on my HDD.
> I may do it now that I have an MP3 encoder.
> As for full versions, bad idea.  But I can't see the band getting
> upset over
> bootlegging
> the bootleggers.  My guess, if they stopped to think about it, they would
> probably approve...

How about a site with some of the unreleased live and studio recordings (ie
Make What You Can, The full version of Phone Home, Elliott, etc..) in MP3
format. If there wasn't enough room on the server, maybe some other member
won't mind lending some space, or the site could have different tracks each
week or two?

William

PS Could also put some other stuff, such as the tracks recorded by former
members that never made it to official releases, such as Robert Calvert'
poetry readings, the outtakes from Nik Turner's Xitintoday, and the other
Michael Moorcock recordings.