BOC-L Digest - 20 May 1999 to 21 May 1999

Julian Christou christou at AS.ARIZONA.EDU
Fri May 21 12:15:32 EDT 1999

Certainly MP3s are a good way to store the sound files being relatively
cheap on disk space.  The idea of short sound samples of official
relaeses is good and the "boot the bootleggers" is ceratainly a way to
make the live recordings available for the general fan base (at least
those with computer access) w/o paying exhorbitant prices.  I know that
there is a circulation of live recordings between the list members and
an mp3 site would be a boon to us all.  What is Dave's position on the
bootleg situation? A site with band approved rare stuff as mentioned
below would also be great.

Julian