OFF: sad news

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Fri May 21 12:43:47 EDT 1999

In a message dated 5/21/99 11:53:27 AM, andrew at DELUMINATE.FREESERVE.CO.UK
writes:

<<DASLUD at AOL.COM stopped watching TV and did something more interesting
instead:

...when DASLUD at AOL.COM has any kinda spare time to watch stuff, he mainly
watches subtitled japanese cartoons on a TV which serves only as a video
monitor...otherwise, virtually no TV at all ^_~

===at which point DASLUD at AOL.COM interjected====

>condolences, etc.
>and though i guess this'll be followed by a correction, which i'll
>appreciate, was there not also a west coast late '60s band by this name?

===at which point ANDREW at DELUMINATE etc continues===

there was indeed. 'Side Trips' (1967) and 'A Beacon From Mars' (1968)
being there best known albums. I've never heard 'owt by them (well i
did once but i've forgotten it entirely). They seem to be almost as
well loved as their UK counterparts (tho' no relation betwixt the two)
and people rate their stuff quite highly.

 ===at which point DASLUD at AOL.COM responded with===

yeah, some folks in the US kaleidoscope would become more visible later...um,
such as david lindley? not ry cooder, right, but lindley? or was it both
cooder and lindley? yeah, seems i heard 'em w/some frequency on  der
"underground" radio, a few decades and a zillion brain cells ago.

dunno from the UK 'scope, but they sound cool

arigato!
"<>"

ps> recent/current anime watchables:
REVOLUTIONARY GIRL UTENA (weirdest goddam cartoon series i ever seen)
THE VISION OF ESCAFLOWNE   (the former "weirdest..." etc)
CARD CAPTOR SAKURA
KAITOU (mysterious thief) ST.TAIL
MIRACLE GIRLS

i dunno why it is, but the anime for boys doesnt appeal much to me...martial
arts/giant robots/variations on "star wars"...nah...

but beginning w/ SAILOR MOON (says he who owns all 200 episodes), the
superhero variation shows aimed at girls are great stuff! great characters,
more involving stories, wider range of emotional possibilities...shoujo
anime!