OFF: Chemical Brothers

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Sun May 23 20:32:47 EDT 1999

Carl said...

>     The curse of techno: insufficient human input ... or even
>human error!  Old Hawkwind is chugging over a pattern but the
>details are being controlled by human beings in real time, all
>(possibly ;) listening to each other and building a sonic gestalt.
>Hard to replicate when everything is done by machine, hard to get
>that wetware sound from a hardware box.

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly!!  That's why I recommend Hungary's Korai Öröm
exclusively as a 'techno/trance' band.  From what I've heard (probably not
enough to be sure), they are the only ones who bother to actually *play*
their instruments as opposed to letting the computers do all the work.
'1997' is a brilliant piece of work, and puts everything else I've heard in
the 'genre' to shame.  What's weird is that there has been a 'remix' album
made of Korai Öröm songs made in the last year.  I don't know whether they
did it themselves or whether other artists contributed. But I wonder...did
they take something that wasn't broken in any way, and try to fix it??

Keith H. (FAA)

ObCD:  7% Solution - Gabriel's Waltz