HW: Star Trek convention CANCELLED

Neil Ward Neil at FAWE.DEMON.CO.UK
Mon May 24 14:40:40 EDT 1999

Bad news I'm afraid.

It seems that the Star Trek Avalon Convention has been 'postponed' and will NOT be happening on June 5th.

The leisure centre where it was to be held say that the venue has NOT been booked.

Hawkwind have had NO confirmation to play, and attempts to contact the organizer have failed for the last 3 weeks.

Trying to phone the number that came with my tickets (01283 521304) yields a BT 'number not available' message.

An alternative phone number for Sean Clark (organiser) is 01283 520843, and phoning this I got a lady who said it had been postponed until September. She also asked if I were a Hawkwind fan, which says that we 're probably the only ones who've bought tickets. She also said that letters were going out to those who had bought tickets shortly.

Another mobile number for Sean Clark is 0790 1964872 although I haven't tried this myself. The address given with the tickets was 28, Yew Tree Road, Hatton Derbyshire, DE65 5EX

I suggest anyone who has bought tickets get in touch to let them know how unhappy we are as soon as possible.

Also Hawkwind would like to stress that the cancellation is NOT due to them, as was (maybe) rumoured by the leisure centre.

Regards,

One unhappy space camper, now waiting for BADAM.