OFF: /ELECTRIC MUSIC 4D MIND & BODY

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Mon May 24 17:27:05 EDT 1999

In a message dated 5/24/99 3:01:35 PM, DASLUD at AOL.COM writes:

<<
i guess i must be exempting amplification of "standard" instrumentation,
though, since i like guitar "blanga" (and plenty of it) even more than
swooshy noises...

but now that you mention it ...something which turned me off to most of the
last couple decades of "metallic" muzik is that it takes little effort to
make a big noise nowadays...once it seemed one had to make the effort to
[wring it out] but now...it promotes WWF wrestling! it's "equipment rock",
way out beyond the "scholz nadir"

for better and/or worse, the grunge-era bands who did it because it was in
'em to do it were the ones who inherited the notion of [wringing it
out]...not that theirs was the only way...(ask nick saloman, for one)

i call it "respect for electricity"...with "equipment rock" the "power" is
assumed, taken for granted....not respected...

i'm not sure i'm making sense but I KNOW you know what i'm sputtering about
here mistah theo

"<>"