OFF: Anime

BREVARD, Adrian R. abrevard at SHL.COM
Tue May 25 10:30:32 EDT 1999

>but, see, the english version of SAILOR MOON was severely hacked up,
compared
to the japanese version...some pretty freaky scheiss takes place in japanese
seasons 3 and 5...

I'll buy that for a dollar.  English dubs usually bite the big one.  Don't
think I would enjoy Ninja Scroll half as much if it were dubbed.
Unfortunately Ninja Ressurection is dubbed in english...no comparison to
Scroll.

>when i first started following SM it was in part because it was totally
absurd: purty li'l gals in tiny skirts saving the world...and after 23 years
of involvement in US superhero comics as a fan/collector/retailer/editor
(and
to a lesser xtent creator) this was glorious absurdity!

Ya that is pretty left field.

>i know a little about it, not very much(a-ko, b-ko, c-ko, etc); did i see
dubbed-in-english portion on the sci-fi channel?

I recall seeing it on sci-fi channel a few years back.  They were running an
anime marathon, Ako, Vampire Hunter D, Robot Carnival and a few others.  It
was the first Ako volume.  Will never forget Ako  jumping from rocket to
rocket to get to the alien mothership.  Way kewl.

     >Voltron rocks!

Big fan of the five lions.  Other version comprised of multiple spaceships
did little for me.

>Even better is a superb fan-parody made by putting voice-overs
over the original.  I have a fuzzy tape of that somewhere, which
also has the stunning fan-video of "Enter Sandman" done with clips
from Iczer One.  Makes the real video of the song look stupidly
weak :)

Wicked.  I've attempted to put a Tick collage to the music of the Galactic
Cowboys.  Wish I had better equipment.  Contemplating a Spawn video using
the music of Queensryche, Iced Earth, old Savatage and BLUE OYSTER CULT'S
Dominance and Submission!

Everyone get into the spirit, lets watch cartoons while we rock.

Ghost in the Ruins

OBSpawn Thought - My oh my is season three shapjng up in interesting ways.

OBCD:  Rush - Different Stages Disc 3