Non BOC/HW Y2K 'joke'

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed May 26 11:02:33 EDT 1999

James A Hogard writes:

> > And it's thumbs up for February 29th 2000 too.
>
> I believe that there is no 29 Feb 2000.  Right?
>
> Hogard

There is a February 29th in 2000. Years divisible by 100 do not have
29/2 except when they're divisible by 400, as is 2000.

Since many programs have just the "divide by 100" rule programmed in,
and not the divide by 400 rule, the 29th of February is also a "Y2K"
test.

Other fun and exciting dates are:

1/1/99 : 99 is used as an error code in many programs and some did in
fact crash at the start of this year.

9/9/99: Used as a date error code in many programs.

FoFP