HW/BOC: COULD it BE? HW CDs for $5 each???

J Strobridge eset08 at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Mon May 31 11:33:19 EDT 1999

Kevin Sommers writes:

> > This place is just opening, and all their CD's are only $5! It's a
> > pretty decent deal.
> > http://www.myshopnow.com/musicsearch/
> >
> > later.
> >
> > ----Followed this guy's note to the site, and they had a shitload of HW
> > titles for $5 each (though ones like 1999 Party were around $25)...after I
> > put Text of Festival in my "shopping cart", it said that the CD was
> > manufactured by K-Tel. Someone on the NG suggested that these may be
> > CDRs...any idea what's going on here? Chuck
> >

> I went there and clicked on 8 or 9 randomly and they all said "Manufacturer:
> K-Tel."
>
> What kind of scam is this??????
>
> Kevin Sommers

It might be worth checking against the discography but my guess would be
that the really cheap CDs will be the "Master of the Universe" "British
Tribal Music" "Yuri Gagarin" variants since these (including Text of
Festival) have all now been bought out by the insta-endless-rerelease
companies.    The "Acid Daze" stuff may also be there as well.

And check the tracklists against the Codex in case you've already got
versions of the tracks somewhere else.

jill

J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk                         eset08 at holyrood.ed.ac.uk
                                                ELIJSA at srv0.arts.ed.ac.uk