HW: Hawkwind at Strange Daze 98 MPEG audio

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Tue Nov 2 12:05:12 EST 1999

This is a bit embarrassing.  I just noticed that someone (I don't know
who, just the host) uploaded MPEG audio files of Hawkwind's Strange Daze
'98 set to my anonymous FTP site sometime in late September!

I think this is a transfer of an audience recording (44100 Hz stereo
encoded with a 128 kbit/sec bitrate).  I took a quick skeg on Jim
Lascko's site, and verified it is _Strange Daze *'97*_ he's selling, so
I don't think this is an official and/or commercial release by anyone.

So, unless someone can convince me to the contrary, I'll soon be moving
this show from the "upload" area to the download area (somewhere under
/pub/boc-l/audio) so others can avail themselves of it if they want.

The setlist, as uploaded, is:

Hawkwind At Strange Daze 98
8/15/98

Track 1 Intro
Track 2 Control
Track 3 Wheels
Track 4 Standing At The Edge
Track 5 Assault & Battery
Track 6 Golden Void
Track 7 Spirit Of The Age
Track 8 Starfire Mountain Dreaming
Track 9 Time We Left
Track 10 Space Is Deep
Track 11 Brainstorm

BTW, thanks to whoever did upload this.

Cheers,

Paul.

NP: Hawkwind, _Strange Daze '98, 8/15/98_ (via crappy mono DEC 3000/500S
        baseboard audio device:)

e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"I don't live today; maybe tomorrow..."
        --- James Marshall Hendrix