an observation from a rookie

Robert C. Mayo RMayo19761 at AOL.COM
Mon Nov 8 10:45:49 EST 1999

at LAX in '92, passed Donnie Osmond in the terminal, carrying his own
(considerable) luggage; found myself in line at the 'ticket screw-up window'
with Geddy Lee. my pal & I said hi to Lee, extended hands for shaking, etc.
and were met with stony silence and a look that i'll NEVER forget.
after sorting things out w/tix, we went back to the main terminal where Mr.
Osmond was sitting on a bench. we sat next to him, started small talk and let
me tell ya, he was a real nice guy! 10-15 mins later, we parted company, all
smiles, good luck, etc. though i have NO interest in Osmond's career, and
have been a RUSH fan since a joint sold for a dollar, I learned something
that day.
i learned that Geddy Lee is a dick.
seriously: perhaps his ticket screw-up was a real huge deal; perhaps his
travel plans were ruined, perhaps blahblah; i can understand how upset one
can get due to airport cock-ups. but it only takes 5 seconds to say hi guys,
thanks, sorry, but i'm in the middle of a real mess here, nice to meet you,
too.'
Donny Rules!!
rmayo