Croydon gig

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Wed Nov 10 16:55:44 EST 1999

At 16:01 09.11.1999 GMT, you wrote:
>Perhaps someone who knows the area could suggest a nearby (ish?) pub
>with decent ale (and open all day Sunday) where folks could meet before
>the gig?
>
>FoFP

Tricky one this...if you walk down in to Croydon centre from E.Croydon
station, there are a couple of Wetherspoon type places along the shopping
street there (one on each side), but if you carry on past the
pedestrianised area, as you get to the bottom of the short steep hill,
there's a road on the left where they have the market, and the Youngs pub
serves decent ale (it's a "real" pub too!)...I'll try and remember the name!

ChrisW
(Pissed off 'coz he can't go!)

"a cynic is a man who when he smells flowers looks around for a coffin" -
Bierce