Collector's Vol.2: Live '82: FAO Band

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Thu Nov 11 10:01:18 EST 1999

It arrived this morning and I'm listening to it now. It's pretty much
the 1982 equivalent of The Business Trip. It's a double CD with a fairly
plain cover consisting of the Masque.

It doesn't match the Edinburgh Live '82 video so it's not from that gig
though it's clearly from the late '82 tour.

It has "Warriors at the Edge of Time" on it, spoken by Moorcock,
possibly the same version as on Out and Intake.  This would place the
gig as London Hammersmith 12.11.82 Can anyone confirm this?

Note to distributors: when you're producing a Collectors Edition then
the where and the when of it is the sort of thing they expect to be told.

The track order has been messed with. It doesn't have the "Outer Limits"
intro which IMHO is a shame. It does have the now apparently obligatory
misnamed track on the cover. For some reason the first half of Social
Alliance is missing and the track begins with the middle section. Since
a CD can take 78 minutes then two of 'em ought to have been enough to
cover the whole gig without cutting stuff out.

The booklet has stuff from the tour programme for that year. It also has
a tear off section to which stamps from further Collectors releases can
be stuck and sent in for a free CD. This is irritating because obviously
collectors don't like to tear off tearoff strips since collectors like
to have their collections as pristine as possible. I hope the band can
think of some better arrangement to confirm True Kollectors in order to
distibute the free CD.

So it's a very good package soundwise and it'll certainly see a lot of
play on my machine, but otherwise better attention to detail is
warranted.

I also note that the Glastonbury '90 CD isn't on the Collectors list in
this package. Does this mean that it's been dropped? Or is that the free
CD?

Enquiring minds want to know...

FoFP