HAWKWIND / BOC what's the point? space does not care

Robert C. Mayo RMayo19761 at AOL.COM
Fri Nov 12 01:18:03 EST 1999

well:
i've been signed on for a month now, and i'm left wondering if my magic
machine is working correctly. i've been virtually ignored (except by a close
personal friend, a friend who forwarded me your list for months and helped me
sign up); i've posted a few things that i feel deserve some response, or in
some cases directly requested responses, and got zip. my latest
(Hawkwind-related) query was posted 2X before someone responded. probably out
of pity. was i filtered out of most of the Hawkwinder's lists because most of
the replies to my first few postings were BOC-related? if so, then what the
hell am i doing here?
you represent youselves as a group who are here to exchange ideas, opinions,
and information. what it looks like to me is a clique of exclusionary
elitists exchanging reminiscences and nit-picking over microscopic detail, to
the exclusion of outsiders who are wanting in. you'll only talk to others who
know exactly what you're talking about. who can learn from that? neither you
nor me.
i'm a fan! i wanted to learn from you all! what i've learned is that i'm not s
avvy enough for your club.
what you've lost here is someone who's gotten into hawkwind in the last 5 yrs
(through a good friend and member of the list, and through Motorhead fandom):
a newcomer's perspective, some fresh, objective opinions; a metal fan's POV,
a huge Lemmy supporter with an interest in the band's history, a collector
looking to fill in some holes in a fast-growing collection--but here is not
the place for the eager novice. here is the place to exchange war/gig
stories, drop names, and play hipper-than-thou.
so i've had my say, at least to those who haven't filtered me.
life goes on.
rmayo