OFF??: Response

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Fri Nov 12 16:12:56 EST 1999

At 15:13 12/11/99 EST, Chuck wrote wrote:
>Rob,
>
>First of all--everything that everyone else already said--ditto here. Wise
>words.

>-- big snip --<

>Maybe it was just good timing, but there did seem to be
>generally more response to posts back then, and especially to newbees
>concerning more general topics.

I think I was very lucky, I seemed to get involved in the proverbial
"heated debate" quite quickly, probably just a question of timing!

>But over the last couple of years there seems
>to have becomes a sort of jadedness with the old-timers.
>--snip--<
>Also, I think a recurrent situation is this: when a newbee posts a note that
>hundreds of old-timers could answer, each old-timer thinks "well, I could
>answer that, but probably _some_one else will, so I'll just watch..." Well,
>everyone takes this approach and nothing gets done. A few days pass...and all
>are surprised to see no response...and by then the lapse of time causes
>apathy.

ditto here, I often think that by the time I respond I'll have been beaten
to the punch _ after all, that man Gilham's done it to me so often... (just
kiddin' mate!)

>Maybe this will be a wake-up call for BOC-L, Rob, and years from now you'll
>be known as a BOC-L-Hero; you came in, kicked ass, stirred things up, and
>began a renaissance in posting. :)

OK, I promise to be more diligent, but I think I need to "can" my history
of getting involved here...I've written it too many times.

Maybe I should set up a little website to post biographies of those who
care to go public..sort of a BOC-L member faq!  Any takers?

Cheers,
ChrisW