Space is Deep

Bernhard Pospiech bernhard.pospiech at HOME.INS.DE
Sun Nov 14 05:06:49 EST 1999

Hi there

At 00:58 14.11.99 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 11/13/99 6:12:59 PM, jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK
>writes:
>
><< Is the
>`Orgone Accumulator' just the SRI version without cuts or is it actually a
>different recording? >>
>================
>it's a different recording, squire. ^_~.
>there are minor 'cuts' on the SR1 "accumulator"; a few bars early on, and
>some of lemmy's bassistics near the end. 'twas also re-sung in the studio by
>calvert.
>
>the SRs come from two shows. SR2 has some versions totally different from
>SR1, such as the above (and "space is deep"), but also "brainstorm", the
>uncut version of what appeared on SR1.
>
>yeah, i was annoyed w/that ollis/king/drum kit thing....sigh...

The SPACE RITUAL was recorded at 2 different venues:

- Liverpool, 22.12.72
- London, 30.12.72

The songs from the classic SPACE RITUAL LP (SRI) are from both gigs
The songs from the SPACE RITUAL II LP (SRII) are only from London (30.12.72)

Orgone Accumulator, Time We Left and Brainstorm on the SRI are from Liverpool

Bernhard