BOC: Mohegan Sun (11/20) - 2 Shows

Hall, Russell J russell.j.hall at LMCO.COM
Mon Nov 15 07:43:31 EST 1999

Of all the shows that I have been to in the past three years - these two
were the best sounding.  The Mohegan Sun's Wolf Den
has an exceptional sound & light system, complete with a video screen over
the stage.  I have never heard the boy sound better.  No missed cues, no bad
levels, all around excellent.

Set List - Show 1
Stairway to the Stars
Before the Kiss, a Redcap (Awesome!)
E.T.I.
Harvest Moon
Burning for You
Harvester of Eyes
Joan Crawford (Killer!)
Cities on Flame
Godzilla
Reaper

Set List - Show 2
Lips in the Hills (A Great Opener)
E.T.I.
Harvest Moon
Buck's Boogie (6:40)
Take Me Away
Burning for You
Cities on Flame
The Vigil (Gotta Love it Live)
Godzilla
Reaper

Only complaints - I wish the second show did not repeat any of the first
sets songs.  Considering that most everyone there was at both shows, I don't
think anyone would have complained. Also, the video system has ALOT of
special effects for transitions between shots, but who ever was running the
board, used very few.

New to the shows (for me).  Bobby has a big-ass gong that he bashes on after
his solo in Godzilla and at the end of Reaper.
He also has an extended Bass drum - twice the normal size.  Got to here Eric
tell a joke while Buck's Cheese-berger was being repaired.

Allen was quite animated - he was jumping around and criss-crossing the
stage alot.

Best part of the concert - they were FREE! and close to home.  I hope that
they will come back.