OFF: Jonny Lang (was BOC: Live at the Middle East - 11/10/99)

Brian Halligan bthalligan at EARTHLINK.NET
Mon Nov 15 12:51:19 EST 1999

Theo wrote:
>Hmm...he doesn't look anything like EVH, and if we're talking
>guitar-playing ability...But I will say one good thing about
>him--he's a pretty good singer.

Lang's solos didn't have much to do with the tunes. Like EVH's solos tend
to ramble for no reason. Or like I sometimes ramble for no reason. :-) I
think his singing style (in sound and look) is similar to Joe Cocker.
Whether that's good or bad, I leave up to personal tastes.

Brian
OB solo following a melody> Slash's solo in "November Rain" by GNR
Not big on the band, or the tune, but I like the solo!