HW: Epoch Eclipse Review.

Andy.Gilham Andy.Gilham at BTINTERNET.COM
Wed Nov 17 14:37:26 EST 1999

> newbie here (Hi Keith)
> I figured Epocheclipse was yet another poxy compilation.  So why should
> anyone with a half decent Hawks collection want to get it?
>
> tata
> Tim

Well, it is *just* a compilation - the only new tracks are the two versions
of the Silver Machine remix - but I wouldn't call it a poxy one, quite a
good one in fact!

Some tracks are currently unavailable (or at least hard to find) on CD, such
as the three tracks from Warrior and those from the Charisma LPs, and they
all sound bloody good too.  Question marks over the mastering on the earlier
CD versions, to put it mildly.

It's also official, i.e. the royalties will stand a chance of getting back
to the right people, which isn't the case with a lot of the crap on the
shelves.

To be honest, though, it's not really designed for fans who've got most of
the stuff, it's for people who are either new to Hawkwind, or for old fans
who used to like Hawkwind in the 70s and lost track of them after that.
(And there's an awful lot of them about, too.)

(Full details of tracks and package can be found on www.hawkwind.com, of
course.)

-- Andy