Other: Moorcock: The Bellyflops! (fwd)

Nick Lee nick.lee2 at VIRGIN.NET
Wed Nov 17 16:05:07 EST 1999

>> >Then of course there's the wonderful Mournblade (but they nicked the
name
>> >and little else.)
>>
>> wonderful?
>
>Irony.  Forgot the ":)".  Still, "Sidewinder" was a laugh!

I went to see Mournblade some 10-12 years ago at the local college back
home, purely 'cos of the name.  The most memorable thing was the bassist's
8-string Rickenbacker and the singer's scary mic stand which was covered in
skulls and bones.  So scary in fact that it had to be covered up until they
came on, when he unvieled it with a flourish.  I don't think he appreciated
the laughter too much and later remarked that he didn't come round to our
places of work and just stare at us.  I went to the the bar...

Nick