HW: Epoch Eclipse Review.

Dave Berry daveb at TARDIS.ED.AC.UK
Fri Nov 19 17:22:53 EST 1999

At 21:43 18/11/99 , Tim Stephenson wrote:
>Thanks for this post Brian.  I have 27 Hawks albums and feel like an idiot
>newbie watching half these posts.

I have 37, but there's some redundancy in there.  Plus I have a few tapes.
But my advice would be not to be put off by the completists here.  They
are pretty welcoming people, they just have big HW collections!  I find their
advice really helpful in sorting out what's really worth having, and what's not.

The big gaps in my collection are
>Astounding Stories and The Business Trip.  (I believe) less significant gaps
>are Hawklords, Zones and Out and Intake.   It may be snobbish, but I'd
>rather hang on til I find these than buy a compilation.

I reckon that if you don't have "Steppenwolf", then a compilation would
be worth it  -- but that's just my preference.  If you see a Calvert-era
single-CD compilation, that might be a good choice, given that you
don't have Astounding or Hawklords.

Zones and Out And Intake aren't really worth hanging on for, IMO.
They're basically compilations themselves, and they certainly don't
hang together very well as albums.

Dave.
Dave Berry,  www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~daveb