HW: anthology II

Jill jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Fri Nov 19 19:24:59 EST 1999

Bart Brugmans wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> speeking of compilations....
>
> I have a question. I just bougt a Anthology vol. 2 on Samurai witch
> has "double" record labels. The labels fist said Anthology III, and
> the put new labels over them.

Yes, there was definitely a mix up in the label printing here - Brian
Tawn mentions this at some point in his discography description in
Record Collector.   Can't remember what precisely now but I can check
later.   Probably the rarer ablums will be those without the new labels
over the top!

> Do more of these exist? Like vol III and I mixed up etc?

Wouldn't surprise me but the only thing I know for sure is that the
central hole in Vol 1 was punched slightly off-center so it's difficult
to find a good playable version.

BTW I like the Acid Daze compilation - it's just a pity about the
endless re-issues.     Maybe it should be made illegal to reissue an
album with a different title unless it contains substantial new
material....... yeah - ok - define "substantial" in this context 8-)

jill

Jill Strobridge <jill at theta-orionis.freeserve.co.uk> or
J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk