OFF: alien sex fiend

Sen. Volstead antisol at SOFTHOME.NET
Sat Nov 20 12:16:40 EST 1999

I was in a used record store, contemplating whether or not it was a good
idea to buy another Farflung album because I liked the picture on the
cover- when over the music system I heard what sounded eerily similar to
Farflung itself, accompanied by Nik Turner on sax (It reminded me of
what i'd heard at SD99).
After standing there for about 20 seconds i decided it could only be
that line-up, or otherwise someone imitating or paying tribute, and
doing a damn good job for that matter. So as you'd expect I went up to
the desk and made an inquiry. The lady told me it was "Alien Sex Fiend",
and had not heard of Nik turner or FarFlung (nor did she know the name
of the saxophone player). It turned out she was a great fan, but I
didn't want to try to extract any more information, since I knew I would
eventually start babbling about Nik Turner (still high from strange daze
concert, you see).

I'd heard of Alien Sex Fiend before, but really knew nothing about them.
Somehow I'd catalogued them as a typical gothy pop band, probably as a
result of my opinion (of the musical tastes) of  whomever I had
originally heard the name from.

This all happened more than two months ago, but I didn't think of
reacting until now.

A search I did just a second ago found no downloadable recordings, or
song titles I recognized, but I did find that they are on a compilation
with Nik Turner and Pressurhed. Interesting too, that their front-man is
"Nik Fiend". Some biographical information, and they're starting to look
very interesting to me. I'm very surprised now that I'd never come
across them elsewhere.

Does anyone like/dislike these people or have any comments, useful or
otherwise?

hey, they covered silvermachine as well!