HW: Recent v Old / Poll

Jill jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Sat Nov 20 13:44:55 EST 1999

Bernhard Pospiech wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> let's start a poll with the question:
>
> What is your favorite HAWKWIND period/year ?

What a question!  1969 onwards I guess!   Though as far as albums go
I'll always have a preference for the first album and In Search of Space
as being completely unique in the face of all the other music I was
listening to at the time.  But then I think Astounding Sounds is a
terrific album and I've liked the recent stuff as well (with the
possible exception of Back In the Box and TV Suicide) especially during
the techno/trance phase, Space Bandits being high on my enjoy list along
with most of It is The Business Of The Future To Be Dangerous.    But
then I've always reckoned that there are two Hawkwinds running in
parallel - studio Hawkwind and live-on-stage-Hawkwind and it's only
every now and again that the two co-incide - notably in Space Ritual,
Live Chronicles and Business Trip.

Better stop here!
jill

Jill Strobridge <jill at theta-orionis.freeserve.co.uk> or