OFF : Tangerine Dream

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Sat Nov 20 14:49:25 EST 1999

In a message dated 11/19/99 7:13:38 PM Pacific Standard Time,
flossbac at NLCI.COM writes:

> electronic and turned out the classics "Phaedra" and "Rubycon" (both of
>  which I think are indispensable to a psychedelic education).

---Yeah, these might be my favorite TD albums, even if Julian Cope would
lynch me for saying so.
Even Stratosphere is pretty good; that's the latest I have.

 The live album
>  "Encore" from '77 was incredible in its peculiar balance of>
>  "Thief" kind of sucked and so did "Exit" (except for one or two songs),

---Woudn't that be all or most of the album?? :)

.  PS--the edgar froese solo albums are very
>  nice too, particularly "Epsilon in Malaysian Pale" which has some very
>  pretty mellotron.
>  John Majka

---I heard "Panorphelia" (from Aqua) on the Virgin Ambient comp and freaked;
subsequently picked up Aqua and Epsilon and didn't find anything on either to
match it (except for "it" itself :).

As for the first four albums--there are parts that I like love, but overall
have a hard time staying focused, esp Zeit...but having read that that's the
point, I'll continue to listen. One of those bands I've been obsessed
w/liking, trying ever so hard to do so; it sounds _good_ or "right" but
sometimes just fails to hit me where it counts -- in the gut.
BTW, is there a Krautrock e-mail mailing list? I assume so...
 Chuck