OFF: Farflung

Thomas Rickert hijinks at UTARLG.UTA.EDU
Sat Nov 20 14:58:56 EST 1999

I recently purchased Farflung's *The Belief Module*, and I can't stop playing
it. Long, amorphous but tuneful songs mixed with shorter tunes. Lots of guitar,
but nice synth passages and effects, too. Not to mention a short bit of birds
singing!  A good deal like Pressurehed, but with more expansive, organic
songs--in other words, more Hawkwind-like (ala Brainstorm). Personally, I like
them better than Pressurehed. I'm interested in exploring their catalog
further--what can you say about *25,000 Feet per Second*?