HW: Recent v Old / Poll

Stephan Spiegel spiegel at INTPLSRV.NET
Sun Nov 21 10:15:47 EST 1999

I guess that this poll has a lot to do with your age, and the
very first HW LP (or CD to the "youngsters") that you were
exposed to.

Like me, I'm an old fart, (42) and in college in 1975 there
weren't a whole lot of Albums to choose from.  I remember
my room-mate had to play Doremi 4-5 times for me, before
the "Light" went on in my head.  My response to the first time
I heard it was "Yeah, they kinda sound a little like Black
Sabbath"  By the 5th time they sounded like Hawkwind.  So
to me, the early years up to Warrior were Golden!  I still really
don't care a whole lot about the 1st one.  But I play it once a
year for "rememberance" and "respect" to the band (Dave).

Now if I was in college in 1979 and my room mate told me to
listen to this really cool band The Hawklords (aka HW)....well
then I really don't think I would have ever turned out to be a fan.
Sorry...............................................................But I
play it once a
year for "rememberance" and "respect" to the band (Dave).

So how many people out there do you think would be fans if
they were exposed to the "proper" Album that suites their taste
in "style" of Space Rock.  Or, I like the way some columnist said
in a review..."Urban Science Fiction Rock and Roll".

Being a Hawkwind fan, I qualify in the catagory of diversity.  You
have to, to be a true fan.  If ones' taste in music was narrow, then,
they probably might only have 2-3 HW albums.  Since I have a
wide variety in taste, I don't mind listening to 95% of my collection.
It's all good

And I have to agree with the "not too favorable" opinions for Bridge-it,
and Capt. Rizzy.  Bridgette (or what ever her name is) at least could
sing in key, but the Capt. and HW are two totally different catagories
of music that I'm sorry to say  DO NOT MIX.   It's like pouring Motor Oil
over your Ice Cream for desert.  I'll pass.  I once walked out of a club
one night cause there was a band there called "Stuff" that played that
Jamacian - - - BS!

I think the next poll should be a little more refined.  Like...

1.  How old are you?
2.  How old were you when you first heard Hawkwind?
3.  What was the 1st HW album you heard?
4.  Was that the one that "Hooked-You"?

Maybe some of our resident university members can come
up with some scientific data from that information?

Well I've done enough babbling for now....Later

HAWKMAN

www.intplsrv.net/hawkman