HW/OFF: "musicians made drug use look tempting?" ^_~ =koff=

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Mon Nov 22 13:35:30 EST 1999

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 writes:

> > From:          DASLUD at AOL.COM
> > Study Finds Teens Drug Use Leveling Off
> >
> > By LARRY McSHANE
> > .c The Associated Press
> >
> > NEW YORK (Nov. 22) - The latest survey from the Partnership for a Drug-Free
> > America
>
> Ah, well, then we all know there isn't a hint of bias or exaggeration
> in THEIR findings.  Wonder how many folks that belong to the
> Partnership drink alcohol, coffee, smoke cigs, etc?  Wonder how many
> of 'em take prozac [probably a lot, eh?] valium etc...

I also saw on libernet today that a Colorado School District wants to
limit the prescription of psychoactive drugs such as prozac and ritalin
to students. This is a result of the discovery that in almost all recent
school shootings, at least one of the perpetrators has been taking such
drugs.

Separately I also note that in the US, gun deaths and gun injuries are
now at a thirty year low and very large drops in most categories of
violent crime, as well as burglary, have been measured in 1999. This
while legal gun ownership has been extended to its highest levels yet
amongst those with no violent or mental history and while illegal gun
ownership is facing various clampdowns as already enacted laws are put
into effect.

At this rate, you guys will soon be dispensing advice to the UK on how
to tackle crime. You already have a lower burglary rate than here.

FoFP