HW: Recent v Old / Poll

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Mon Nov 22 15:33:59 EST 1999

I haven't had time to read through this thread yet, but I'd better add my
"initial" vote:

On Sat, 20 Nov 1999 15:01:29 +0100, Bernhard Pospiech
<bernhard.pospiech at HOME.INS.DE> wrote:
>Hi there,
>
>let's start a poll with the question:
>
>What is your favorite HAWKWIND period/year ?

I'll vote for 1978, because you (sort of) get the best of both worlds - the
first half of the year had the ultra-melodic Simon House/Ade Shaw lineup
performing 'Quark' and 'PXR5' era material - some of the best-written (IMO)
Hawkwind songs like "Spirit of the Age", "Robot", "High Rise", "Damnation
Alley", etc., followed in the second half of the year with the Hawklords,
performing the most high-energy, downright punkiest stuff that Hawkwind
ever did live.  And I didn't even yet mention "Simon King" and "Robert
Calvert" ...

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com

>My favorite HW year is: 1989