HW: Recent v Old / Poll

Mon Nov 22 14:25:21 EST 1999

At 18.39 +0000 99-11-22, Jonathan Jarrett wrote:
>On Mon, 22 Nov 1999, cosmos wrote:
>> here another fan who misses alan and now he's even playing crappy motorhead
>> covers.
>> come on he can do better then that.
>
>        If EMI Germany have the good sense to give the man the record deal
>he's after the new Bedouin album should answer that plea. The new material
>is better than anything on _Bedouin_ (though he has yet to equal `Sputnik
>Stan' or `The Call' for me). I just wish it'd happen rather than him
>touring like a bastard and releasing little CDRs like some tinpot student
>band. Bedouin are _better_ than that.

When bands like Fu Manchu, Orange Goblin, Spiritual Beggars, etc. can sell
out venues--small venues, but decent small venues--in England, and when I
can walk into my dinky little local record store and find their records,
and you can buy a copy of Kerrap! and read about them ... then there is no
reason why Bedouin should not be doing as well. I think Alan should be
trying to break into the whole "stoner/desert/wossname" genre, since
whether or not its a niche, it's a more successful niche than he's in
currently, and it's a niche Bedouin could market themselves within very
easily.

(Hell, Hawkwind could do the same if they leaned more on the guitar and
bass and less on the dancey synths.)

Cheers,
Carl

--