HW: Recent v Old / Poll

Stephan Spiegel spiegel at INTPLSRV.NET
Mon Nov 22 11:44:29 EST 1999

>When I joined this group, I was under the mistaken impression it was for HW
>fans, rather than critics who live in some 1970's saddo timewarp (yes - I
am
>over 40).  More power to the Captain.  Well done for giving Bridgett a go.
>Ron Tree was an excellent development for the band.  Rizz is another
>EXCELLENT venture into new styles.  Go for it.  I am looking forward to the
>next development, not harking back to Nostradamus's younger days.  HW is a
>band for now and the future.

Yeah, well....

    If it wasn't for us "OLD" folks who supported the band when it was a
baby,
the child might have grown up to be a promoter or roadie, instead of the
King of
Space music!

    And besides, I like ALL of space, but HW hasn't been back to "that"
(`71-`76)
part of space for 23 years, as far as a studio album.  I think we have spent
too
much time in certain areas of space and not enough in others.

    But at least we're not like Ozric Tentacles, and never leave the dock.
Although
if your out of coffee, just pop in one of their CD's.....

HAWKMAN