Bedouin & the "Scene" (was: HW: Recent v Old / Poll)

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Tue Nov 23 20:19:31 EST 1999

On Tue, 23 Nov 1999 18:45:24 +0000, Jonathan Jarrett
<jjarrett at CHIARK.GREENEND.ORG.UK> wrote:
>        Which is odd, really, given that Farflung started as a trance act.
>Or so their ex-bassist would have me believe, but he is very odd. They
>float as well as bludgeon, it seems to me.

hmmmm ... their first CD was on the punk label Flipside ... I don't think
that Farflung were ever supposed to be a trance act (although if said
bassist was Paul Fox, he & Tommy's trance project is/was 'The Brain).  The
last time I saw Farflung (besides SD99), Tommy didn't even bring out any
synths, and they came across more like an MC5-influenced rock band.

>        I think Man's Ruin could do Alan a lot of favours; they are very
>well-connected over here and he can play several of their bands off the
>stage.

This is very true.  So true that I just got in touch w/an acquaintence
who's in one of Man's Ruin's token punk (i.e. non-Stoner) bands and got
some contact info for the label.  Is there anyone here who could pass on
the info to Alan and actually get some music an promo material sent to them?

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com