OFF: "musicians made drug use look tempting?" ^_~ =koff=

Thu Nov 25 06:54:25 EST 1999

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 wrote:

> Agreed, but what mystifies me is how these prohibitions are allowed
> to start?  Well, nowadays I understand it, as Americans refuse to
> vote [currently around 45% voter participation in national
> elections--sometimes much less in smaller ones] It must make you
> Europeans shake your heads in disgust.  Why is it that you all are
> smart enough to use the political process while only a small handful
> of us do?

        Sadly, as I was bitterly remarking on a BBS I hang about on
yesternight, I believe that's been about turn-out at the last two UK
general elections. I wouldn't mind _so_ much if only I didn't keep finding
people going, "Oh, I didn't vote. What's the point, there's no-one worth
voting for." Then you go and spoil your ballot, fools! Thanks to your
bloody laziness, the people who _do_ vote are getting the government _you_
deserve. Argh!

        It's enough to make one don the combats and make the grenades, hey
is that a riff I hear, whilst making bombs in my cellar (he artfully gets
something on-topic into the post)...

        Sadly, I lack a cellar, and have to admit to not actually
playing HW at this moment. But that could change if I wanted :-)

ObMusic: Led Zeppelin - `Achilles's Last Stand' (_Presence_)