HW: Recent v Old / Poll

Si Halley sihalley at VOSSNET.CO.UK
Mon Nov 29 15:52:41 EST 1999

Subject: Re: HW: Recent v Old / Poll

> 1.  How old are you?
33

> 2.  How old were you when you first heard Hawkwind?
14

 >3.  What was the 1st HW album you heard?
 "Psychedelic Warlords" and "You Better Believe It" on the end of a tape. I
used to listen to tapes on a little tape deck on headphones after I`d gone
to bed. Side One had Led Zep and Side Two Had Van Halen II. When Van Halen
finished there was just silence and I was dropping off to sleep when
"Warlords" cut in. It must have been recorded on the tape previously. It was
truly a religious experience. The guy who did me that tape had no idea what
had been on it and it took me a year (and the Friday Rock Show) to find out!

> 4.  Was that the one that "Hooked-You"?
I was hooked on a band but didn`t know who they were. When I finally found
out I got hold of "Live `79" and was truly hooked.

 >5: what is your favourite HW album now?

"Live `79". (I want the complete version. Is it in shops yet? I can only
find "Live `82".)

> >6: what HW album do you play the most?

"Live `79" and currently "Live `82". "Business Trip" get`s many plays too.

Si