HW: Recent v Old / Poll

Chuck Rosenberg Chuckrecs at AOL.COM
Mon Nov 29 21:29:09 EST 1999

Okay, I love talking about myself... :)

> 1.  How old are you?

    26

>  >>> 2.  How old were you when you first heard Hawkwind?

    21 (celebrating my five-year anniv. about now. Whoa, did I use the word
"celebrate"? Cool, got an excuse to get drunk and crank HW tonight..._after_
homework)

>  >>> 3.  What was the 1st HW album you heard?
>
> First HW material ever heard were songs on a tape trade--Silver Machine
(Stasis), Urban Guerilla (Anth), Magnu/Angels of Death (Anth), Born to Go
(Anth) and Motorhead (Anth).
I liked 'em all w/repeated listens, but it was Mag/Angels that totally blew
me away.
Shortly after I found Space Bandits on cassette, so that was the first
complete album.

>  >>> 4.  Was that the one that "Hooked-You"?

   Song: Magnu/Angels Album: hmm...Doremi or Roadhawks, I guess (thanks to
the graciousness of Jill.)

>  >>> 5: what is your favourite HW album now?

    Space Ritual will never be beat. (Samey, but true.)
(Doremi, Warrior, PXR5, Quark, Hawklords Live, Church of HW, L. Chronicles
and Bus Trip are also on the top 10.)

>  >>> 6: what HW album do you play the most?

   Lately: In Your Area (and not just because it's new, I _do_ like it),
Space Ritual, whatever songs I play on my show (I've played at least a song
or two from just about every album now.)

Chuck